Are you interested in finding out what celebrities like to read?

• chorle
    1 week ago

It depends on the celebrity, I would have some interest in what Neil Gaiman, LeVar Burton, or Terry Pratchett read but not in celebrities in general. 

It's not anything important but it's fun to know what others are reading. Too knowing what someone is reading can be a way of knowing what that person is really like and could even be useful in understanding their behavior and that could be very important if that person does something very good or very bad.

• JOHN B

I am so anti-celebrity that I even avoid products that use them for advertisement.

• F

I find the whole celeb worshipping culture baffling. Most are famous for bring famous and are completely void if talent. 

I know what my fave celebrities read  (because I'm their biggest fan) but I would never read the boring mind dumbing stuff that the red hot chili peppers read. I love them but we have different tastes.

• Isabel

Not particularly.  

• Ludwig

No.   'Celebrities' are mostly mongs.  Many of them can barely talk, let alone read.

• Marli

I suppose that if I was told what Henry VIII read, I would be mildly interested. An absolute ruler's intellectual garden would be insightful to historians. 

I would not seek out the knowledge unless I had a passion to know every bit of information about Henry VIII.

The case would be the same about any other hero of mine. Do I care that passionately to know every little bit?

As for the bedside reading of modern day celebrities... I am not interested in them enough to wish to find out what they read.

Writers? Yes. Like bluebellbkk, I would be interested to know what writers have read. I would like to know what influences those books had on their books, and I might find an interesting book to read.

Not particularly.

Only writers. Writers whose works I enjoy. I'm certainly interested to know what THEY enjoy reading.

But "celebrities"? Absolutely not. Why would I?