John asked in SportsFootball (American) · 3 weeks ago

Does anyone else think renaming the NFL team The Washington Redskins is total BS?

An actual Native American designed the logo. The Native Americans don't care but white people with nothing better to with their lives want it changed and also the greedy corporations.

• Mark

You don't even hear about American Indians wanting to change it so all the blm'ers should just shut the hell up. They don't care one bit about the football team or about Indians. In other words, it's none of their business.

Yes, I think it is silly. 

• RICK

Actually several native American  groups have complained 

• Hector

Dan Snyder is a racist just like Roger Goodell 

It is imperative that I let everyone know I find the term "BS" to be offensive.  Also, I like corporations so referring to them as greedy is very hurtful to me.  Please re-state your question in a way that doesn't infringe on my delicate sensibilities and I will happily answer in a way that is positive, inclusive, and life affirming.  Thank you for your time and know that you are valued.

Source(s): sarcasm

When the NFL starts paying their own way, maybe I'll care.

• Guber

Personally, I think they should call themselves the Possums.  They roll over and play dead at home, and get killed on the road.

Who was the "actual Native American" who designed their logo?Many Natives around the country have been asking for this name change for years. This is not new. The term refers to the bloody skin with chunks of meat still attached to the scalps the govt paid a reward for. That was the American Mexican and other colonial entities way of a body count. Many "actual Native Americans" really resent the name. 

Source(s): anonymous ndn actual enrolled tribal member
  • Adam

Why are you blaming white people with nothing better to do. It ain't their fault..it's the sponsors and TV companies forcing the change, so boycott or protest them. I know Americans prefer to defend corporations over defending people but come on.

Imo, if the change helps keep the sport healthy and prevents them losing any money during this difficult time, I'm all for it