What is the reason my air in my car smells like urine when I first turn it on?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Change your cabin filter - google/youtube how to do it, but most that I've found are behind the glove compartment.

If it still has a smell, get some 'Ozium' and spray a little bit under your dash where the air return is at.

• 4 weeks ago

Rancid cabin air filter

• 4 weeks ago

Perhaps you piss in the car,

• 4 weeks ago

...........rat peee

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Because it is YOUR car.  YOU are smelling YOU in concentrated form of  B.O.  Have showers more often.

• 4 weeks ago

Dirty cabin air filter. Cheap enough to renew. There may also be dirt/bacteria in the trunking, you can get aerosol "bombs" for that.  You get the car running with the air on full and set to recirculate and windows closed. Then activate the bomb on the floor, close the door and leave it to it.  The vapor will be drawn around the air system and kill all the nasties.

• 4 weeks ago

Mold in the AC evaporator. AC shops have a special chemical they shoot into the evaporator yo kill the mold.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Its either your cabin air filter (which is 15-20 dollars typically) and it just needs to be swapped, or you pissed in your air vents while drunk and forgot you did it. 

• P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You probably have a bunch of junk in your cabin air filter and it needs to be changed. 

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Bacteria buildup in the cabin air filter

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.