did umbrella live in the resident evil mansion?

I am a huge resident evil fan and know the whole story back to front but im just curious on thing that i always was confused about, were the umbrella people actually living in that mansion? you see in the remake of 2002 most of the mansion was described as being old, dusty and not been touched for many years, the trevor family helped design the mansion in the 60s according to the remake so it was obviously put together around that time but all up until then were people actually living there or was it just abandoned ? also there was barely any bedrooms or bathrooms there either...how did that all happen?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I do not know but there’s a book series of the early resident evil games that describe the events of the game in much further detail, and those books have a few sequels that show events not in any game. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The mansion was the estate of Oswell E. Spencer's family who used the house as a private hotel for his employees after starting Umbrella.

Check out The Umbrella Conspiracy, Caliban Cove, City of the Dead May, Underworld, Nemesis, Code: Veronica and Zero Hour by S.D. Perry they are novelization of Resident Evil.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.