Advice on divorce ?

My mother and father want to divorce . My father is having an affair with some chick . My mother has been a stay at home mom for their whole marriage 35 years and he’s only ever given her money to buy food to cook every single day of the week. She’s never asked him for money because she was just never in it for that. And when she wanted a job she couldn’t because then they’d cut off their health insurance.My dad doesn’t want to leave the house and i need to know what’s the most affordable and fastest way to get them divorced and have him pay her regularly since she’s never worked . I know i shouldn’t be involved but it’s really bad and it’s affecting me A LOT we need this done ASAP. I know things like this take time sometimes years to finalize but we need him out . 

4 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Every state has different laws regarding divorce. Find out what the laws are in your state, and take it from there.

  • 4 weeks ago

    this is his home he paid for since your mom never worked, he is not going out any time soon. or ever. the court could have maybe let your mother stay in the house until the kids grow up, but since u re already a grown up - i bet u re older than 18 - the house will not be awarded to her. neither she will get child support to live off. if she never worked the court may appoint her some alimony, thou it is rare nowadays. either way he is not going out of the house divorced or not.  this is his home he paid for. the house will have to be sold and the money divided between your parents - whatever equity they have, if any

  • 4 weeks ago

    Do you live in the states? If so divorce papers can be drawn up online from websites that provide templates where you just put in your parents information. Then take the papers to the clerk of court in the county they live in and pay a $30 filing fee. They give you a court date and your parents show up and sign the papers and pay fort costs. I did it this way and all together it cost me about $400 and was done. If you don’t want to do it yourself you’ll need a lawyer to do it all for you. That will end up costing you a few thousand dollars but is the way to go if you aren’t sure you can do it yourself without your mom getting screwed over.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Your mother needs a divorce lawyer consultation for specific answers.

    You can wait in their lobby. Do not get directly in the line of fire.

    You will hear things you can't unhear from their 35 yrs of marriage. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.