Bottomed out car making weird noises. ?

I know this is very hard to diagnose without seeing but I’m stressing over bottoming out my car today. It was bad. Pointy rock got lodged right through the middle and it took two car jacks to get out. When i started to drive, the faster I went, the louder and faster this scraping noise got. Is this the axles? Any ideas on how expensive a fix would be? The engine light is not on.  

• Edd S

Make an appt and take your car to Firestone to have one of their underbody inspections.  they are quite thorough and you are not obligated to have work done there.

• F

Is it RWD or AWD or 4x4? If so you could have knocked the prop shaft out of line and it’s hitting the floor pan. 

Stick you phone under there and video the underside, then show us.

Well, it is something other than engine. So that leaves 5000 guesses.  A mechanic shop would be able to see it right away.  Maybe fix it right away using a big hammer. "I DON'T KNOW"  I can't see.   The expense is what it is because it did not come with the car...so you did it.  You learn never to do that again.

If you're lucky you may have just bent a heat shield.  They can make pretty terrible noise when they get knocked out of place or bent to where they rub on a moving suspension or driveline component, but that sort of problem is usually cheap and easy to fix.  If you're less lucky then you broke something more substantial and you'll need to either climb under the car supported by quality jack stands to inspect it (NEVER crawl under a car supported only by a jack!) or have a shop put it on a lift to get a good look.  Good luck. 

The only intelligent thing to do is take it to a shop and have them put it on a lift and do an inspection. That won't cost much. The damage might, if there is any. 

Year make and model.  Check for parts that are turning.

My first thought is that some component of your exhaust system has become dislodged and is dragging underneath the car.