If the coffee gal says your coffee is $3.70 but as you’re paying eftpos she types in $3.80 without telling you, would you say something?

Trying to support my local coffee shop and feel ripped off , well not ripped off but treated like a mug

Of course.  Tell her the sign says $3.70 (plus tax).

If coffee for 3.70 is all you asked for and there is no other drinks at 3.80, then i can understand why 10 cents might bother you.

Otherwise,  it depends for me.

I normally check all my receipts while still at the place of purchase. 

When mistakes are minor, like 10 cents, I don't bother with it. 

However, during holidays or busy hours, it's very possible for mistakes to happen. 

Last year I was accidentally charged 28$ instead of 2.80$ for beets during Christmas shopping at Walmart.

And almost 10$ for one eggplant at Kroger a few weeks ago. 

Then there's a family owned store without a scanner that enters prices off their memory.... One time it didn't match my memory...

Sometimes the new cashiers need a little help with getting used to numbers. 

Sometimes it's not even their mistake but the one who places  labels with barcode on the items. 

Overcharging is not as bad as undercharching because crediting the amount back just looks better. 

I mean you would like if they had to contact you saying you underpaid something? Nor they can withdraw money to make the difference since it won't match the receipt you have.

As to your coffee shop situation, if this is once in a blue moon mistake, just let it go. Or at least be polite about 10 cents and include it into her tip.

But if she makes mistakes regularly, then it's most likely a habit that pays off.

That sounds normal, what would you say?

Who do you think should pay the eftpos fees - you want to take it out of her wages?

• She probably does that at least 100 times a day, would you really gain anything by being told of the extra charge? The vendor is legally entitled to recover the bank fees from the customer, are you going to go somewhere else just to avoid 10 cents, this is the 21st century. Treated like a mug? Is that some awful coffee pun?

Yes, I would.......

• Greg

I'd assume that she'd made a mistake and needed to change it to $3.80

Yes, the price is the price.