Why some people assume that once U help them one time, u are obligated to help them whenever they need to?

Thats why I hate doing favors for people, they take that as granted.

Yeah I can see how doing favors for some people is frustrating because they are secretly & annoyingly expected something from you. After someone helped me out, they just said "please just pay it forward" meaning I didn't have to directly help them. Personally, I do not want people to feel they have to be obligated to help me, I'd rather help them regardless of how much they've helped me and I'd hope they'd do the same. 

• bubula

You nailed it when you said, "Some people." Don't stop doing favors if it makes you feel good and the recipient appreciates it. If the person returns, you have to have the backbone to say, "I was glad to help when I could, but that was a one-time thing. Selfish or inconsiderate people may try to guilt-trip you into continuing assistance, or beg to know why not. You owe no explanation. Stand firm. Try to be a good judge of character in offering assistance in the first place, and don't do it simply because someone asks. "I'm not able to do anything for you right now, but I wish you the best."

Again, say yes only when it truly feels right.

Best of luck.

• Adam

Yes it’s frustrating, I once had a breakdown because people asked for so many favours at work and asking me to take all the harder things. I don’t like to say no but I’m not the push over any longer.

I can’t remember the exact quote but someone once told me “do someone a favour and they will remember you next time they need help again”

• 🦋

I dont know but i really hate that