Can I use Blue Bonnett instead of butter when I make banana bread?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yup. We never bought butter to bake with. We always had marj in the house and baked with it with no problems.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I presume 'Blue bonnet' is a margarine or dairy spread?

I always use sunflower spread in my baking, [unless I'm making shortbread]. 

• 4 weeks ago

I eliminate the butter all together and use the called for butter amount replaced with apple sauce. It adds the moisture needed without the calories. Honestly, it is fantastic.

• 4 weeks ago

blue bonnet in the sticks, yes. Its often used in baking. What you should not use is any margarine that comes in tubs. that has water mixed in to keep it spreadable when cold and that extra moisture will change the outcome of your recipes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can. The taste is slightly different but not so much so.  

• If you use the regular sticks, it's a safe substitution (if you don't mind the taste difference). Using any of the light or spreadable varieties will not work that well - they generally have more water. 

If you look at the Blue Bonnet website recipes for cakes and cookies, they ALL use the sticks.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

YOU can,  I do not.  I can tell the difference, and butter tastes better.

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes it will work just fine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.