Can I use Blue Bonnett instead of butter when I make banana bread?

Yup. We never bought butter to bake with. We always had marj in the house and baked with it with no problems.

• denise

I presume 'Blue bonnet' is a margarine or dairy spread?

I always use sunflower spread in my baking, [unless I'm making shortbread]. 

I eliminate the butter all together and use the called for butter amount replaced with apple sauce. It adds the moisture needed without the calories. Honestly, it is fantastic.

blue bonnet in the sticks, yes. Its often used in baking. What you should not use is any margarine that comes in tubs. that has water mixed in to keep it spreadable when cold and that extra moisture will change the outcome of your recipes.

• kswck2

You can. The taste is slightly different but not so much so.  

• If you use the regular sticks, it's a safe substitution (if you don't mind the taste difference). Using any of the light or spreadable varieties will not work that well - they generally have more water. 

If you look at the Blue Bonnet website recipes for cakes and cookies, they ALL use the sticks.

• Anton

YOU can,  I do not.  I can tell the difference, and butter tastes better.

• CB

Yes it will work just fine.