Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Anyone else cook from cookbooks so they don’t wind up repeating receipes all day long ?

• denise

I have many recipes in my cooking experience and I try to vary them as much as I can, though when I cook 'favourites' my family is happy.

Also When I spot a good looking dish / recipe I'll try it out.

I use recipes from cookbooks and other sources when I cook.

• kswck2

Not at all. Being a chef i have an extensive supply of herbs and spices to draw from. And my wife Hates it when i come up with a new dish-that i don't write down to make again. 

No one has ever done that.

• Do I look for new recipes and ideas? Yes. But I am also capable of making lots of variations of the recipes I make on a regular basis. Change the herb mix, change the fruits, change the vegetables, add cheese, add toppings. Plenty of easy things to do that make a noticeable difference.

That being said, I really love most of the foods I make and have no problem eating them over and over.

• CB

No I can remember what I cooked from day to day and week to week.