Can i be put under for blood test?

I have an EXTREME phobia to needles, and im very sensitive to the scent of blood to the point it makes me want vomit. So im wondering because the doctor wants me to do labs..  can I be given sleep gas then wake up a bit later when its over?  or is a urine test a choice for me? I myself have been keeping myself from being sick etc.. but  the doctor has been pushy even has once tried to set up an appointment for lab test without my perm. when i talked to her she said i was just being childish about my fears but i cant help it... I mean the Dentist has to blind fold me, and Restrain me heavily for just dental work.   i can handle shots, and that sort to a degree. but my last blood test i've done left really bad memories

Yes, but the preferred method use by phlebotomists is to punch you where they will draw blood. That way you only feel that pain and your body releases endorphins so that you don't feel the stick. Hope this helps. 

No. The Doctor is right, you are being childish. Blood is collected without being exposed to the air, so the idea that you can smell it is complete bollox.

See a therapist.  Normally, the method they would use to "put you under" would also involve an injection.

I had a thing about needles ("aichmophobia") and I found a solution to just look away.  I've had more pain stubbing my toe walking around at night but seeing the needle go in would put me down.  As to the odor, bring a jar of Vick's Vaporub and put just a dab on your lip just under your nose.

Urine tests won't work because the kidneys filter out a lot of stuff that your doctors will want to see.  There is no solution for it but to learn to live with it.

You need to see a therapist about this, because I suspect that needles aren't the only thing you have a phobia about. Phobia disorder is a mental health issue, and it is treatable, but you need to take the first step and admit you need help before anything can be done for you.

The labs where blood is draw are NOT equipped to give you an sort of anesthesia, not even nitrous oxide.

All you are doing is talking yourself into getting more and more hysterical about the simple procedure. Instead of talking yourself into calming yourself its the opposite. You can't smell blood so stop that childish talk. 

Just relax and sit down and close your eyes so you don't see anything as to what is going on follow instructions blindly and don't move and it will be over in a minute or two. That's it. 

Yes you have a phobia of needles and so don't look and you won't see the needle. You can't fear something you can't see. 

There's no way a doctor will administer an anaesthetic for blood work. Nitrous oxide is an option worth asking about.

• Kieth

No cupcake, they don't give you gas to draw blood.