Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why is your version of God real and the others one fake?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Everyone thinks their 'god' is real, and the others are fake.

They will refuse to consider evidence to the contrary - it's called 'confirmation bias'.

• 2 months ago

THERE IS ONLY one true GOD the GOD OF ISRAEL .

• nappa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is only 1 God,, one day your going to get to meet him in person,,

• 2 months ago

Only those which conform to the 3 creeds of doctrine are real

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because the founder of my Church clearly demonstrated that He WAS God, by constantly doing things only God could do. He, God, founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church the fullness of His truth until the end of time. Therefore His Church's "version" of God is God's version of God. Why would I be interested in anyone else's version?

• 2 months ago

I don't make that claim.  God is literally the father of our spirits, hence his love for us, hence his interactions with all of us, no matter what our religion or church is.  Of course he's going to answer Muslim, Jewish, Christian, and Buddhist prayers, as long as they aren't rote, when he feels it is the right thing to do.

• Ron
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Jesus said that God's word is the truth - John 17:17 - Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.  - - - -  So Almighty God as revealed in the Scriptures is the only true God - John 17:3 - This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.  - - - -  The only true God created life.  And is able to give life back to those that have died (the resurrection).  That's why the Scripture said that knowing God and Christ leads to everlasting life.  However, Jesus made it clear that there would be false teachers - Matthew 7:15-20 - 15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.  - - - -  So there are those that do not teach the truth about the only true God.  Instead, they twist the Scriptures - 2 Peter 3:16 . . . and these things the ignorant and unstable are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.  - - - -  But God wants everyone to have an accurate knowledge of truth - 1 Timothy 2:4 – whose (God’s) will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.  - - - -  And He provides guidance on how to make sure we are not misled by false teachers and those that twist the Scriptures.  Note this advice - Acts 17:11 . . . carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.  - - - -  Since God's word is truth, it cannot be contradictory.  This can be easily illustrated this way - either God is a trinity, or he is not.  Both cannot be true.  And either Jesus is God, or he is not.  Both cannot be true.  So if God's word is truth, and it cannot be contradictory, we can do as Acts 17:11 advises, and make sure that what we get really is accurate knowledge.  There is no greater treasure to be found. Bible truth liberates us from superstition, confusion, and morbid fear. It gives us hope, purpose, and joy. Jesus said: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​—John 8:32.  - - - -  Yes, Jesus' words assure us that we can know the truth.  We can get to know Almighty God.  And knowing the truth sets us free from all sorts of false religious teachings.  Therefore, I encourage everyone to visit the following web site where free Bible lessons are offered online.  But ALWAYS examine the Scriptures carefully, to make sure you are indeed getting accurate knowledge.  The site is: 

www.jw.org

• 2 months ago

Not saying anyone else has to believe this, but this is just what I believe: I believe there is only one God and that is God the Father in Heaven who created Heaven and Earth and everyone and everything in it. He also sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and rise again. 

• 2 months ago

Jesus. While Jesus was crucified and died, and we all die, only He, among those that claim to be god, was resurrected from the dead. His conquering death gives Him the exclusive verification that He is God, as He claimed. All others are therefore fake.

• Marco
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

God is real. I'm not sure what other version you are referring to. Thor and Loki have never shown up outside the MCU. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.