Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 3 weeks ago

Women, would you curtsey to TRH the Duchesses of Cornwall and Gloucester ?

• Clo

I am American; we greet people with a handshake, sometimes a handshake and a nod of the head---regardless of social status. I would greet royals the same way that I greet everyone else, a handshake and nod of the head, or in the days of the virus, a nod of the head and proper spoken greeting.

Citizens of the UK are not required to bow or curtsy, the handshake, the nod of the head, the friendly greeting being acceptable.

The two duchesses mentioned would be pleased with a friendly greeting and would not be offended if a curtsy was not performed.

• Marli

Is the Duchess of Cornwall a "Royal Highness"?  She is Charles's morganatic wife.

As for the curtsey, I will never be called upon to make one; but whatever is protocol I will do.

Not   ever  in a  million  years

No.   At least not a full curtsey.  If I were to meet either, I'd be advised how to behave and I'd follow protocol.

No require for anybody to bow or curtsey to a member of the Royal Family.

Some people still do but it is up to them.

No. It isn't expected or required when meeting them.

For the time being the customary handshake is not done, and

the Duchess of Cornwall opts for a namaste-style greeting.

The Duchess of Gloucester is fulfilling many of her engagements 

remotely by video link or telephone.