Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Is believing in Jesus enough to get you to heaven?

No. You must do as he wishes as well. As it is written in 

Matt 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

• Rico

“Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.”

‭‭John‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3.  

Obviously many of the other respondents don’t understand what a deathbed confession of faith is

Believe in and practice what Jesus taught: forgiveness. Then you will bring heaven to earth.

If you are sincere, and seek to follow him, yes.  There is great sacrifice in following the path of Christ for demons shall temp ypu daily to stray

Yes because salvation is a gift.  Nobody can be good enough to deserve it.  Those saying "the devils believe" are wrong on two counts.  One, because devils can't be saved.  And two, because James chapter 2 is not about heaven and hell.

• Wundt

Here is the funny thing about people who say "Yes, belief is all you need"... Satanists believe in God and Jesus as well, they just believe in a reading of the Bible where Satan is the real hero of the story.  Muslims also believe in Jesus, they just believe he was a prophet, not the messiah.  Also, there are 1000s of different Christian denominations which all believe other Christian denominations are wrong and will not find salvation.  So, when Christians say "belief alone" that just is not correct!  They clearly mean "our version of belief."  (You also have different passages of the Bible that place "Acts" as at least as important as faith.)

No.  The devil believes in Jesus.  If you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

No because anyone can believe in Jesus and still do immoral and evil things. You also have to live a good and authentic life in order to go to heaven. Believing is not enough. 

• yesmar

If “getting to heaven” is your goal, no, just believing in him is a start, but it won’t get ya there.  The demons believe in him too, and it’s not doing them any good.