jasmine asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Herbal medication for depression ?

What are some really good herbal/natural medication for depression? There’s so many out there and I’d like to see what everyone’s preferences are and your experiences. Do they work? How fast do they take to work/feel better etc. Thanks! 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Regular exercise and eating right,  which means only whole foods.   No junk like sugars or white flour products. 

This is the BEST remedy,  biochemicallly speaking, and it happens to be all natural. 

This will also reverse obesity,  prevent diabetes II, prevent most heart disease,  hypothyroidism, acne, IBS, anxiety, liver disease and eating disorders. 

• 4 weeks ago

I've read some studies, and there's not one that has been proved effective. There's a variety of things that help. Exercise for example is very good, and you don't have to be an athlete to benefit from it. There's no one size fits all solution. I have details about the standard treatments and the self-help methods that can enhance their results. Felice Jacka is a university professor with a book on nutrition and mental health. Steve Ilardi is a clinical psychologist who's researched lifestyle and depression.

• 4 weeks ago

avoid wlan (cell phone, wireless phone at home, router) and take vitamin D3, magnesium and vitamin k2. To activate D3 receptors, you can take colostrum. a walk in nature and to walk on lawn barefoot has positive outcome, too. Vitamin B group is important, too - most people lack of these vitamins.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

None.   Why do people keep thinking that chewing leaves will cure them of all their problems.  If they were effective then that would be the active ingredient in drugs.   Alternative medicine is for when you don't really care about really solving your problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.