Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Do my in-laws treat me unfairly because I am black?

I have been married for a year now and I love my husband. I am black and he has a brother who is married to an Asian woman. My husband is German and I moved to be with him. When I met his family for the first time they just seemed neutral like they didn't like or dislike me. There was no hugging just a hand shake and a deep stare. I would smile and there would be no smile in return. When we were dating we would go to his parents house every other Sunday for dinner and there would be very little effort of communication just a hello and goodbye from them and I would always ask how they were doing and his parents never asked how I was doing in return. His parents don't pay me attention they just act like I don't exist or I am not present when I'm around but they haven't said anything rude they just don't say anything at all. 

In contrast, my husband's brother has been married for 3 years to an Asian woman and his parents right from the beginning of the relationship have treated her like a daughter. Smiling from ear to ear, learning about her culture, praising her and constantly keeping a conversation with her. Asking her how she is doing or if she needs anything and she calls them 'mom and dad'. 

I don't know why they treat us differently. My husband has an amazing relationship with his parents and have always got along. I talked to my husband about this and he said he has noticed it but as long as they don't 'disrespect' me. I don't know what to do, I feel so unwelcome.

They're probably sick to death of all this BLM BULLSHlT! Everybody else is too!

More likely something else?  How about you pray to GOD and ask GOD about this?

Maybe talk with your sister in law. Did she have the same problem at first? Is she seeing something you are not? 

During WW2 it was the Germans and the ones form Japan that tried to take over the world and Lost!  So the reason maybe in this?