Boy
Boy asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

My chain keeps falling off my chainsaw? ?

Beforehand I never had any lube on the chainsaw and it worked perfectly. I decided to run bar and chain oil onto my chainsaw and then now everything I saw doesn’t saw and it just causes the chain to slip and fall off the chainsaw what should I do?

adjust chain tensioning.  method is in the owner's manual.  manual is online if lost.

You never had any lube?

Sounds like the bar is worn out, and I'm guessing the chain dosn't look to good either

You should have someone that knows squat about chainsaws show you how to properly use one. At best, you applied the oil incorrectly.

• elhigh

At a guess I would say your chain wore out from running without lube, and only now it just happens to be worn out enough to slip off, lube or no.

Chain oil is not optional.  You destroyed the chain and maybe the bar.  Try replacing the chain and bar, and keep the oil topped up from now on.

Then read up in the owner's manual about adjusting the chain slack.  It isn't hard, but it sounds to me like you're not a very conscientious chainsaw owner, and aren't keeping up with the most basic adjustments and maintenance.  You're going to destroy the entire saw if you don't change your habits soon, and maybe hurt yourself in the process.  Get smart quick, before you regret it.

Your chainsaw is now broken??? 

You still need to winterize your Ryobi pressure washer.  You have a broken weed eater.  You still need to repair your air conditioner outside unit that you mowed down.  And your lawn mower that you over service with oil.  And the downspout that you broke with the pressure washer.  And you are the only person in your neighborhood with a snow blower.  Etc. etc.

TROLL FAIL.  Please report.

When my pants keep falling down, I figure my belt has slack in it and needs to be tightened.

• A

chains stretch, you need to adjust