Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do some Christians believe in the rapture even though it has no Biblical support?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why do "some Christians" (Protestants) accept any of hundreds of false beliefs they have created during the past few hundred years, which no Christian on Earth ever heard of before then, and Jesus Christ never heard of?

• 1 month ago

Tradition.  That's the only explanation.

• 1 month ago

Many people listen to the teachings of man. The many denominations prove this.

If all the denominations taught the Word of God 100%, there would not be any

denominations.

The rapture is a teaching of man and not of God.

People who believe the rapture are listening to man and not God.

1 Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you;but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

• 1 month ago

Because ten different 'Christians' will interpret the bible in ten different ways.

And ten more Christians will interpret it in ten more ways.

That's what happens when you base your beliefs on a loosely compiled collection of books written thousands of years ago by people who thought mental illness was caused by 'demon possession'.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Why anyone would believe in something invented by a man -- John Nelson Darby -- 1800 years after Christ is a mystery to me.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 1 month ago

Most of them believe in rapeture not rapture.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah right!

There will be "a new heaven and a new earth" 

BUT

Everyone in Christ will be raptured so none of us can enjoy the "new heaven and the new earth?"

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind" (Isaiah 65:17).

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten" (Ecclesiastes 9:5).

“The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.” —Psalm 37:29. 

“For as I conceive in mine understanding, woe unto them that shall be left in those days and much more woe unto them that are not left behind!” (II Esdras 13:16)!

We have to keep (((PRESSING))) (Philippians 3:14) earning "rewards" (I Corinthians 3:10-15) because when one is physically dead "neither have they any more a reward" (Ecclesiastes 9:5)!

Consequently a person's so called "rapture" occurs when one dies physically.

Source(s): THUS SAITH THE LORD!
  • 1 month ago

There are verses in the Bible that can be interpreted as supporting the idea of the rapture. The problem is that the Bible is very ambiguous.

• 1 month ago

Because they have become used to beating the Bible 

into submission like a warden beats a prisoner, until it 

finally begins to say what they need it to. 

Christians will *MAKE* the Bible promise them prizes 

and rewards from their savior that are nowhere to be 

found within its pages. The rapture is no exception.

• 1 month ago

No rapture, no naked bodies, no cult.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.