How long does it take to clean a laptop ?

I took my laptop into a shop a few days ago and asked them to clean it, they wanted 45 pounds sterling and said it takes 3 hours to clean. I can't believe that it takes 3 hours, not sure if 45 gbp is a standard price or a rip off price, in London England, Thanks.

There is a lot of dust in my laptop, could cause over heating and slow down the system

Assuming you mean clean as in virus scans or doing a factory reset or something, 3 hours doesn't sound that outlandish. I'd say a typical computer repair can be anywhere from a few hours for basic maintenance to a couple days if it's a severe issue and/or the tech has multiple devices they're working on, which a lot of computer shops often do.

£45 for 3 hours would work out to be about £15 an hour which is WAY less than most  techs would charge. The average rate according to Google is normally about £40-£70 per hour.

good price for having it done in London,

it should take 1 to 2 hours at most.

depending on the intensity of the clean.

you can do it yourself for very little cost,

so dont complain about the price.

a general service usually cost about £60

in London.