Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

I want to defriend an uncaring friend who makes zero effort to stay in touch, should I tell her or never text again?

Update:

I make 95%effort

Update 2:

?? What?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

I just delete people like that from my contact list, then when I get a message from an unknown number I just delete that. Why waste any further effort on them? Go on, do it, delete that sucker. :) 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

just dont text her

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Unless you're hoping for some drama you'll just do this quietly without feeling the need to make a big announcement about it. The only reason to tell her would be to get her attention, which you claim you no longer want. 

• 4 weeks ago

Just let the "friendship" slide into oblivion. Simply stop putting in the effort. If she takes the trouble to contact you again, you can re-consider at that point. But for the moment just let it go.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I would not create needless drama, I would just stop making the effort to see her.

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on what you what to achieve.  If you specifically want this person to know you are de-friending them, then you send the text/make the call and say what you want to convey.  If you have no desire to have any more communication with this person, text/say nothing and switch your focus elsewhere.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just stop making the "effort" to contact her.  Problem solved.

• 4 weeks ago

Do you care if she knows why you're unfriending her? If you want her to know, tell her. If not, just stop communicating with her.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Why tell her? She KNOWS she doesn't care about talking with you. Just stop bothering with her. It's over.

• 4 weeks ago

She probably wouldn't even notice if you unfriended her.  If she does get back in touch with you and complains, there are a couple of things you could do:  

> Apologize and say that you were tidying up your list and must have deleted her by mistake.

> Be honest (but polite) and tell her that since you hadn't heard from her in a long time, you figured she was no longer interested in conversing with you.  But if she still wants to be friends, tell her you're up for that.  (Then see what happens.)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.