Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheatre & Acting · 2 months ago

How do you make the crying noise sound natural and not forced when you fake cry, please?

I need to actually make a loud "Uh-huh-huh-huh-huh!" kind of noise when I'm fake crying and really vocalise it- (not just shedding tears alone), but how do I make this noise sound natural and avoid it sounding completely fake and forced, please? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Wilson
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I see lots of great youtube videos on this subject. 

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/cry-cue...

Plenty more at backstage.com

See you on Netflix soon !!   😊

• Tina
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't (unless the Director has told you to) make any kind of loud noise because yes, it will sound fake and forced. Bear in mind that usually when people cry they are  trying to stop themselves, trying not to draw attention to their tears.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's the same with every aspect of acting - you ACT!

Professional actors spend years training, learning how to sound genuinely happy, genuinely threatening, genuinely terrified - and genuinely upset.

You have to learn how to inhabit your character - feel his/her feelings, emotions and psyche.  When you've mastered that, you'll sound, look and appear genuine to your audience.

• Jake
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Hurt yourself or think of something really sad or traumatic 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Take acting classes. Seriously. If you're looking for tips, that's just not how it works. It's about skills. And skills you obtain by learning and practicing. Acting skills you obtain only by taking acting classes. By reacting and interacting with other people. By getting feedback and guidance. When talking about something like fake-crying naturally, there are acting skills and methods you need to master first in order to summon the ability.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.