Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

How to get started ... marriage w a 16 and 18 yr old in Florida ?

So I want to get married so I can be emancipated automatically how do I get started  whats the first step 

In Florida you have to be 17 and have parental consent to marry. The only US state that'll allow this at 16 is Nebraska. 

• Bruce

The first step is parental permission. 

Parental consent not required if minor was previously married or parents are deceased. Under age 18, a county judge has discretion whether or not to give license if the couple has a child or is expecting one (upon sworn affidavits that they are the parents).

You do not get emancipated automatically. Emancipation means providing for yourself. If you are married your spouse helps provide for you. 

Your parents have to give permission, unless they are dead or you have been married before.  

• Maxi

For child marriage a person has to be 17 yrs old in Florida to marry and that is with parent consent..........

If you dont know how to use google to research that, I do not advise that you get married.