Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

What do I put on the outside of an anonymous letter for the mail? ?

I’m not really sending a letter anonymously, it’s just that I’m sending this letter to someone who is pretty much a stranger, and I do not want them to know where I live. I don’t even want to put my name on the outside, I’m only comfortable with it being on the inside. I wrote all of their information so I can send it, but what do I write in the upper left corner for myself if I don’t want to put where I live or my name? Do I just leave it blank with their information in the middle and the stamp on it? I sadly don’t know what’s acceptable. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

You don’t have to put a return address on the envelope. It will still get there. Just leave it blank. 

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Just leave the upper left corner of the envelope blank - don't put anything there. There's no law that says ANYTHING has to be there.

• 4 weeks ago

Address it to them. Make the return address theirs, and a stamp. If the mailing address gets messed up it will be delivered anyway by the return address!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Put a fake name.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

just dont write anything

• 4 weeks ago

No obligation to put any information about yourself on the outside of the envelope.  Send your letter as you have done, and then put your focus elsewhere.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You don't need to put your name and address in the upper left corner if you don't want to. Leave it blank.

People send letters like that every day.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.