Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

What should I do?

I’m a 13 year old girl and my parents are Christians and strict and I’m homeschooled and they won’t let me walk the mall with my friends and they always want me by their side and I they won’t let me go to public school . Then I have a brother and he has a wife and kids and I’m either babysitting or hearing things about them it’s not like I don’t love them guys I do I’ll do anything for them but I want to talk about 13 year old girls are supposed to and this might sound weird but I feel like my parents will love my brothers kids more then mine cause where he’s the oldest and I was helping my mom pick up toys and I said something about I won’t have to buy toys for my kids and my mom was naming off people that would buy my kids things but she didn’t say her or my dad so I said you and dad and she said something and i only heard my parents tell me that I would be a good mom when I was still playing with baby dolls and maybe when I was rocking my nephew to sleep but mom says I’m not going to get married that I’m going to stay home with her and my parents and when she mentions me having a boyfriend she always says you don’t want to have a boyfriend who isn’t a Christian and different things like that . What should I do am I over reacting please help and sorry if this is long

Does anyone think that my parents would like my brothers kids better then mine ?

maybe you should talk to your parents about it

• You're 13. Give your parents some slack. They're doing their best. If you don't want to be a Christian when you turn 18, that's fine. When I was 13 I wasn't able to do many things because of my parents religious beliefs. I wasn't allowed to play violent video games, no T or M ratings. Heck, I wasn't even allowed to watch PG-13 films.

You know how frustrating it was to hear my friends talk about the newest released film but I couldn't see it? Or the hot new video game? In my day it was Halo and Grand Theft Auto 3. 

When I was going through that I thought my parents did it because they were being azzholes. But honestly, I'd do the same for my kids too. Your parents just love you. 

They seem very into their beliefs and not only that but very protective. I know it sucks to not have the freedom a teenager should have, but they love you a lot and want the best for you. The fact they are doing this shows you mean a lot to your parents, but at the same time you are allowed to make your own decisions. If you want to be with someone who isn't strictly Christian then you can, if you want to start venturing out and hanging out with friends and going out you can. Once you get more older you will start having more freedom and opportunity, but for now just remember they love you 

• Linda

No. I think they love you and would never like anyone's children more than you. You are so young so it seems that way at times, but I guarantee you that they wouldn't trade you for the world.

Source(s): Experience

Tell your parents god isn't real and ask them how do they think that its feasible that a woman could give birth a virgin. how a man could turn water into wine, walk on water, or rise from the dead. They won't be able to come up with a logical answer. Watch them get mad. Then tell them the only reason they believe in god is to because they dont want to accept the fact that when they die that they will go nowhere.