Is Microsoft edge replacing internet explorer?

I recently upgraded my computer from internet explorer to Microsoft edge but now i am having second thoughts.

• 1 week ago

Yes, it is replaced with edge. Internet explorer is outdated and no one is using that. Plus MS has stopped to give support to IE

I have never used Internet Explorer

Hav downloaded Edge and Brave but prefer Mozilla

Do not uninstall Edge or Explorer. Delete all traces of the icons and install Firefox. Don't forget to make Firefox the default browser.

yes edge replace explorer

it already has stopped ie 11 , they only support edge now.

It has replaced I.E..  I just let it in to the point where I got back to my desktop and then switched to a different browser like Firefox. and left Edge hanging in the air.  I never use I.E. so I won't use Edge. I will use Google Chrome or Brave or Opera before I will use Edge.   A browser is "like a car"  I am driving a Camaro, or a Barracuda or Porsche before I will drive the truck called Edge. I can hit all the websites Edge can using the other browsers and like every car each is different in its own way.

Edge struck me as complicated.EHHHH TRASH

MS has stopped supporting IE.  And with their end of support, many sites are now making it so that you can not go there with IE.  IE is not longer safe to use.

Microsoft released a version of Edge with Windows 10.  It is not popular and almost no one uses it.

So just a few weeks ago Microsoft released a new version of Edge.  It is base on the Chromium kernal, which is the same program that the Chrome browser is build on.  So it is "Chrome" made to look a little more like IE.  Because Chrome is the most used browser, 99% of web sites work perfectly with the new Edge.

If you have not updated to the new version of Edge, google "new Edge" and update.  It works much better then the original Edge.  If you like Chrome, this Edge IS Chrome with a different coat of paint on it.  

But do NOT go back to IE.  Since Microsoft ended support, there have been a couple of bugs and so new virsus written to attack IE.  And no one is fixing them.  So IE is no longer safe to use.

It has been replaced by the new version of Edge (which works on Win 7 and Win 8).  Or you can switch the Chrome or Firefox instead.

• Bill-M

Since Day One of Windows 10, Edge and Internet Explorer have both been part of the Operating System.   The ICON for Edge was on the task bar and it looks the same as the ICON for I.E.   In a Recent Update to Windows 10 the Edge ICON has changed and a few changes were made to Edge.

Prior to this update,if you wanted to use Internet Explorer you had to search for it in the list of programs as it's icon was not on the Task Bar or Desk Top.   What you thought was I.E. ICON was actually Edge.   YES,  Edge is replacing I.E.

• I can't use Microsoft Edge for the life of me because my screen-reading program and Microsoft Edge do not get along at all. I have used Internet Explorer in the past and that's okay, but my favorite one to use now is Google Chrome. 

if u upgraded to windows 10, it comes with microsoft edge.

but u still have internet explorer.

to open up internet explorer on windows 10, go to start > windows accessories > and internet explorer.