Why is my knee pain not getting better after multiple surgeries? ?

I had knee pain my whole entire life. It got worse and worse every year. When I was 17 years old, I got an arthroscopic knee surgery to treat patella femoral syndrome and to remove a part of my fat pad. When my surgeon was doing my surgery he saw that my knee cap created a second knee socket. After this surgery, my pain got worst. I then found out I had miserable malalignment (a very severe case my surgeon said). I’m 18 now and had a femoral osteotomy 2 months ago. The pain in my knee is even worse and I now have pain in my hip 24/7. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone tips on what to do? I’ve been to multiple doctors and they all don’t know what to do. I can barely walk anymore and I am on a tennis scholarship for college. 

It is possible to improve the alignment (Q-angle) with surgery,  lateral release, medial reefing, distal realignment and bracing. It all does nothing for the existing damage to the underside of the patella as well as the trochlear groove. 

Source(s): Orthopedic residency
  • Andy C

Probably gonna kiss that scholarship goodbye.   Doctors are the experts and the best help for medical conditions that we have. 

If they can't figure it out, go to a DIFFERENT set of doctors. 

The surgeries you had were intended (and typically do) to help alleviate pain, not increase it.

Your best bet is to ask a different doctor for a 2nd opinion and to get your @$$ to PT so you can learn how best to cope with your disability.