What gift should I buy my cousin’s wife for Xmas?

I’ve bought my favourite cousin a leather tote bag full of cute and quirky Korean stationary and her husband a Jamie Oliver bbq cook book. I’ve bought my cousin to whom I feel indifferent and his wife a painting that I bought from my friend’s mum for $60. A pretty painting on a clay background of a vase of flowers. That’s all I bought them. I don’t like to show favouritism in an obvious way. I think it’s unkind. Should I give my cousin’s wife the nice pair of crystal drop earrings that my grandma gave me and maybe a pretty blue floral toiletries bag, too? So as not to make it seem like I have a favourite? They’re almost as generous with me as my other cousin is when they remember to give me gifts.

If you do not wish to show favouritism, keep all gifts within the same price range.  However, ultimately, these people are your family and only you can know what relationship/connection you have with each of them.  Buy what makes sense for you.

Why are you worried about Christmas in July?

Buy some nice lingerie... 

maybe you can go to the petstore and get her a nice puppy, she will love that

Maybe wait to see if the world is still here by Christmas

"You don't want to play favoritism?"  Stop buying gifts for everyone.  Problem solved.