If all sin is equal in Christianity, then why is the sin of homosexuality is picked out the most?
Having studied Christianity since I was very young (as I went to a Christian school), I recognize that all sins are equal.
I have seen a lot of hatred against homosexuals by a lot of people who identify as Christians. Not only in the media, but also in real time circumstances and of course, also in this section Religion and Spirituality.
There was something about the Bible about homosexuals being included with thieves and fornicators, and not entering the Kingdom of God. But to my knowledge, even thieves and fornicators aren't given that amount of negative attention that the issue of homosexuality gains.
So if all sin is of equal value, then why is it that the sin of homosexuality garners the quite a lot of hatred, than say, compared to being a thief or an adulteress?
- YahWho KnowsLv 43 weeks ago
because all the other groups dont protest everything they can and cause trouble and riots in the streets and parade their filth around...
you dont see thieves having theft parades promoting how well they pinch stuff from others..
you don't see them bashing people who disagree with them,
you don't see them indoctrinating kids to be thieves too like gays do to kids in schools via their many gay promotion agendas..
you dont see thieves suing people who don't bake them a cake with a balaclava on top,
you dont see thieves burning down churches because of somebodys beliefs are against theirs..
you dont see theives trying to convince the world they are not mentally ill. the list goes on and on...
God said homos are an abomination.. thats that.. no whining about it can change that..and no amount of trying to make out one is born that way when they choose that way is going to change that.. either change or be destroyed in the end.. nobody is begging you to do either.. we dont care either
- Anonymous3 weeks ago
I recognize that all sins are equal.
Bible passage please. And see this one...
1 John 5:16-17— If you see a Christian brother or sister sinning in a way that does not lead to death, you should pray, and God may give that person life. But there is a sin that leads to death, and I am not saying you should pray for those who commit it. All wicked actions are sin, but not every sin leads to death.
And Christians dont "pick on" people.
- 3 weeks ago
1. Christianity is not an evidence-based knowledge. It's a religion based on the sacred texts. These texts needed interpretation - and there are numerous interpretations of the same questions which contradict one to another. For instance, there are pieces that sais that if you are broken the law, it doesn't matter which one - you are a transgressor and deserve eternal punishment. However, in other passages, the New Testament lists sins that will not let you come into the Kingdom of God. Among them fornication, drunkenness, pugnacity, and homosexual relations. Thus - a homosexual practice considered as the one which leads to Hell.
2. This sin perceived as wors then pregnancy and fornication fo numerous reasons. I will list them, however, I need to notice that often, devoted Christians protests, and revile aggression against many sins- like curses, hetero-sexual debauchery, satanism and sorcery, and so on. So, here the reasons:
- Homosexuality one of the sins by which People of Sodom were obsessed and God ultimately destroyed them. Presumably, people of the Flood were also in that sin.
- Bible said that at the end of the time people will become like people of Sodom and people who were destroyed by the Flood.
-God created women and Man - and called them "Adam" in that way, homosexuals want to pervert initial creation.
- If you are a fornicator, you can repent and married with an unmarried woman. If you tune your psychic to have sex with a mail you can't direct that incline to good later.
- Heterosexual people don't like homosexuals even without religion, because they discussed with a thought that they can be liked by homosexuals they imagine sexual relations with them and disgust. Also, evolutionary, people developed a rejection of everything beyond their norm.
- You can't have children if you don't have a woman. In the past, it was a question of survival because mortality was higher.
- This sin was practice by a minority, as a result, it wasn't normalized like drunkenness, for instance.
- Spah-kyLv 63 weeks ago
That’s because thieves and fornicators don’t have apologists lobbying to protect their wickedness from criticism.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Pirate AM™Lv 73 weeks ago
Good question. When I was growing up in a small town in the 60's and 70's "divorce" was a similar "evil" until we had a divorced woman join our church and people suddenly started to understand it. Of course, homosexuality became the new "evil". I suspect that many Christians are not exposed to true "evil" and are unwilling to put in the time and effort needed to effectively deal with it so they turn to things like homosexuality as something they can decry without making too much of a commitment.
- MalcolmLv 73 weeks ago
It is more about the consequences that attach to sinful conduct. 1 John 5:16-17..
- Pearl LLv 73 weeks ago
cause a lot of people dont like that
- Anonymous3 weeks ago
Study further. All sin is NOT equal. Not by a long shot.
- RicoLv 53 weeks ago
It’s most likely coming from a bunch of straight people trying to justify their own adultery
- swoltLv 73 weeks ago
I swear Christians act like being gay is the worst sin to deflect attention away from all the other sins they're committing.