lay asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

How often can I sell my dogs semen for stud fees  ?

And where could u find female dogs that would be interested? Thank you 

You would first need to find a female dog with an allowance large enough to pay for the semen.  Interest is one thing.  Financial means is another.

First you need to learn how to troll properly

• Ocimom

Zero times.  Neuter your dog.  No one will purchase semen from a dog.

It don't work that way.  If you have a dog worth a few thousand bucks, I could see & understand where you are coming from.  You probably don't have a dog that is worthy of breeding & are just after a quick buck.  Reputable breeders have a whole different outlook on dog breeding & breed to perfect the breed.  You, most likely, have a BYBed dog not worthy of breeding.

If no one is knocking down your door for stud service, you ain't getting anywhere fast.  He needs to be neutered, in my opinion.  You did now say a word about your dog.  How much did you pay for him?  $900, $1,500 or $300, what breed, how old,

I do believe you to be one of those ugly little trolls. 

You don't "FIND" females looking to be impregnated.  If your dog was WORTHY and really wonderful (and worth breeding) people would beat a path - to YOUR DOOR.  However, I doubt he has any titles or health clearances, or you would not be asking such a silly question because you would be a much more KNOWLEDGEABLE dog owner.  

It is EXPEN$IVE to collect a dog, and very expensive to keep the semen in storage, not to mention expensive to PAY a vet (again) to get it out of storage & artificially INSEMINATE the female - at the right TIME (after more $$ testing) to make SURE she is ready to breed since there is a limited amount of semen to work with and the "IMPREGNATION RATE"  is lower (with AI) than in a NATURAL breeding.

Quick answer -  unless for some reason your dog can't mate naturally, it's unlikely his semen will be of interest to anybody with a nice b itch.  Also unless he's a well known dog, who has died and his semen is still wanted.   There's a famous Golden Retriever whose owners decided to feeze his sperm for future use.

For the record, a successful good dog will be popular and those with bitches will come to him, not the other way round.

Nothing is 'normal' these days so I suppose anything is possible.  Given what's happening re puppy prices, income is what the uninformed are prepared to pay.   Like somebody advertising their puppies in my breed, for £4K (at weeks old).   I took her to task, bearing in mind that before Corvid 19 hit, they were going for just over l£1K (high enough to my mind) and she sent me a  reply to my 'what makes him so special comment' .... 'special colour'!!   He's a standard Lemon/White which is a recognised colour in his breed.

• Jojo

You`ll be Lucky.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What is SO special about your dog that would induce female dog owners to want to buy it`s semen for their female dog? Duh!

I'm not aware of any dogs anywhere that are willing to pay for semen.  I doubt you can sell the semen.

How often you can sell would depend on what the market can bear.

Stud owners dont look for females.   Owners of females look for potential studs.   You advertise by campaigning your dog in shows or working trials.    If your dog doesnt have a title to his name, his semen is WORTHLESS