Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Atheists: On your deathbed, are you willing to say "Here comes the infinite darkness, baby!" ?

I said are you willing to say it, nevermind that darkness = "something"

I'd be willing if I had some incentive, but I'd rather recite Roy Batty's final monologue. 

I have watched a lot of people die, they usually aren't very talkative to say the least

Are you such a drama queen in real life, too?

they dont see it that way so i doubt they would even say that

• gillie

Why would I say that?  Maybe Christians like to announce where they think they're going as they lie dying, but what's the point?

Sure. Great. Whatever floats your boat, cowardly theistic anonytroll. 

• Wundt

A few times in my life I have undergone general anesthesia for medical purposes.  While I was "under" I had no conscious perception of anything, including time.  My conscious effectively didn't exist during while under the effects of the drugs.  I imagine death is like that... except you don't wake up.

• EddieJ

I went under the knife for an appendectomy a few years ago, and, while I realize that it is a routine surgery, I didn't know that I would survive.  I didn't say anything related to that possibility.

Of course, you know your premise is ridiculous -- which is why you used the anonymous avatar of shame.

Most North American Christians (who are atheists)  will probably think that something awaits them. But no. They will simply turn off, just like a candle being blown out. They will not even know that they have lived. There will be nothing... and they will not even be aware that there is nothing. Not even the infinite darkness. Baby.

Nope, because I realize that I won't exist when I die, just like I didn't exist before I was born.