Rate this baby name (girl)?

Me and my partner had the name Florence picked out from the moment we knew we were pregnant. We’ve struggled to agree on a middle name but we both like the name Penelope so it’s looking like Florence Penelope is the strongest contender at the moment. My question is does this flow well?  Does it sound choppy or too long? What do you think of the name. Surname will be Brooks. Thank you 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Florence Penelope Brooks

Yeah, that's a pretty nice name! Very substantial, haha. I personally prefer 'Penelope' and think 'Penelope Florence Brooks' flows more nicely. But if Florence is the name you agreed on early on, maybe that's a sign! It's also a good name. Classic, timeless, has an old-fashioned charm to it, yet it's still modern and very much on that 'vintage names' trend. Its memorable, solid, strong, but also feminine and elegant. I think the name ages very well.

8/10

• P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My daughter's best friend has 2 young daughters called Florence and Penelope. She calls them Florrie and Penny.

Both are nice names, but to string them together is too long. 

Here are a few suggestions: Florence Penny, Flora Penelope, Penny Flo .

• 4 weeks ago

i like it but make sure you have a nickname ready bc it’s quite a long name... such as flo or flea

• 4 weeks ago

It's okay, just a bit long and has a lot of syllables. I'd pick a shorter middle name, myself. Or shorten Penelope. Maybe you could 'honor' a loved one you miss with their name as the middle name, if it's not already what you're doing. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Snid
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That's quite a moniker.  Florence is a long name.  A shorter middle name would work better to me.  Florence Penelope does have nice flow, though.  Just think of this baby having to write those names out on every application she ever fills out.

• 4 weeks ago

Super Smashin', Great. 

I wish other people would use proper traditional names, instead of mispelled, modern, meaningless names for their children. 

'Florence', means 'of flowers'. 

'Penelope' from Homer's Odyssey, was the wife of Odysseus, who waited seven years for him to return from the Trojan War, and in the meantime refused all other suitors.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It’s a mouthful and it’s choppy  . Florence should have  shorter middle name.

Florence Brooke

Florence Ayla

Florence Audrey

Florence Jade

Florence Olivia

Florence Eden 

Florence Mary 

• 4 weeks ago

I do like both names individually. Florence Penelope flows ok, but at the same time it is a mouthful.

• 4 weeks ago

I-think-the-name-is-okay,-although-I-dont-really-like-Florence-or-Penelope.

• It's a little different, but I think I would get a little tongue-twisted saying it. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.