2020 Hyundai Elantra depreciation?

I'm looking for a new car and looking at the 2020 Hyundai Elantra Value. Currently I can get it for $18,736 out the door. But should I wait a few months for the 2021 to come out? I imagine dealerships are gonna discount the 2020s a lot harder to get em out.

I only ask because I'm car-less right now and don't want to add miles on my wife's lease. But I do need a car so I can find a new job and drive for Lyft / Uber for the time being. I also like the smart features on these new cars and warranty is nice to have.

They rarely discount them that much - but as others have pointed out, unless you've got a stack of cash, (or your wife's job pays well and both of your credit ratings are really good), you are going to have trouble getting financed for $18K while unemployed.

Also, if you are going to be driving for Lyft/Uber your insurance is going to be really high (and if you lie about driving for them, end up having to make a claim, and they find out - then have fun with that).

Without a job, how will you be approved for a new car loan?  And you already owe years more on your Genesis at $280 a month.

No unemployed person gets approved for 44k at 1.7%. You must be trolling.

Spam.  Please report.