Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I feel absolutely nothing for my sister?

Is it wrong if I feel absolutely nothing, if not hate, for my sister? Of course it is not an unjustified hate, there are a lot of reasons I’m not going to explain here. Basically I don’t have a good relationship with her and I don’t even care. She’s more than 5 years older than me, and since I was little I always got along better with my cousin (which is only a year younger than me and I consider her my sister more than my actual one) than with her. My parents try to force me to be kind with her and tell me that she’s my sister and I can’t hate her. Honestly I’d rather ignore her. So, what should I do to make my parents understand that I’ll never love or care about my sister and never get along with her? Does that make me a bad person?

Also I apologise if I eventually made some mistakes writing this.

• Tj

You can hate anyone you want...I do not see or hear from my 3 terrible sisters for the last 15 years, NO, i dont miss them at all, Im happier now. Forget about what your parents tell you, its you feelings not theirs. YES, YOU SURE CAN HATE YOUR SISTER. Tell your parents to F off.

Well it does depend on the offense but I understand you don't want to divulge that information. I don't think most things are worth breaking off your relationship with your sibling but there are some things that just aren't forgivable and I wouldn't hold it against you for protecting yourself if that's what the situation calls for. In the end, as someone who doesn't know you or your situation I have no way of telling you whether you're right or wrong in this but I don't think this is inherently wrong in of itself.

it depends on why you feel that way

What made you dislike her tell other people your problem