Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

Which name is the best? and why?

With the last name Gu

Isabella

Rose

Lily

Vivienne

Elizabeth 

Alexandra wirh nn Ali

Elin

Aurora

Olivia

Flora

Tia

Mia

Lorelei

Olivia Madeleine Gu

I like Olivia Gu best.

• Snid

Isabella Gu.  Sounds okay but Isabella is over used and boring and Bella Gu is awful.

Rose Gu.  I think a two syllable or more first name would be better.  Rose is so over used it's a cliche.

Lily Gu.  Cute.  I like it.

Vivienne Gu.  Sounds lovely.

Elizabeth Gu is nice.  it's popular but not too popular and it's a classic.

Alexandra Gu and Ali Gu are cute.

Elin Gu.  Just nope.

Aurora Gu.  Not bad.

Olivia Gu.  My favorite of the list.  So many cute nicknames for Olivia.

Flora Gu.  Doesn't flow ell to me'Tia Gu.  Sounds like the name of a Chinese dish.

MIa Gu.  Also bad.

Lorelei Gu.  I dislike the conflicting name styles.

Olivia Gu, then Vivien Gu

Alexandra Gu :)

It's sounds very timeless, classy, strong and elegant. It could be the name of a famous designer. There's a poshness to it, but it's also super mundane and down to earth. I just find it very memorable and think the name flows nicely - and looks beautiful written down! I also love the nickname Ali/Ally.

1. Alexandra Gu

2. Olivia Gu

3. Elizabeth Gu

I love a lot of the names you have listed - especially Lily, Tia and Mia - however they don't flow as nicely with 'Gu' to me. It might simply be that they're too short or don't have a strong enough consonant somewhere in the middle of them to distinguish the first name and last name when you say them together. For example, when you say "Lily Gu" or "Mia Gu" it can kind of sound like one word "Liligu" or "Miagu" whereas Alexandra Gu, Olivia Gu, and Elizabeth Gu are clearly a first and last name.

Hope this helped! Best of luck.

I love Vivienne, Alexandra and Lorelei. All beautiful, classic and elegant. I think a long first name would go well with a very short surname. I love Isabella too, but it's just so popular. I think my favourite would be Vivienne Gu. 

In my opinion I like Lily and Aurora the best. They are both beautiful. Lily is my personal favorite - short, cute, sweet. I like Elin. I have a friend named Elinor, which I also like. Flora is also a favorite of mine for some reason. 

Now for the name's I don't like as much: Lorelei (maybe just because I never heard it), and Tia (idk, it's ok..).

Everything else is pretty good, too!. :)

I like Olivia best. It’s girly but traditional. Mia is also nice and I like Rose as a middle name but find it a little boring as a first name