Feel undervalued at work - should i leave altogether or address it ? but how ?

Long story short - I work for a small business and now been working there for 2 and half years-  I have seen pay increases of 50p a time and have increased by £2.50 per hour in total.

There is only me and another member of staff and then the owner. The other member of staff has been under scrutiny of his position and been on the verge of being sacked on numerous times due to his poor performance and his lack of desire.

The owner is fully aware that my colleague hasn't invested in courses or attempted to better himself whereas I have spent around £2000 in courses to become better at the job 

However, he gets the same hourly rate as me although the we all know he isn't of the same skillset 

The owner isn't easy to talk to and i don't know the best way to go about this, I am debating on leaving as I don't feel valued 

What does everyone think? 

Thanks !

"i don't know the best way to go about this"

Go about WHAT specifically?     

You said nothing about what you want or what you are trying to do.

Do you want to negotiate for a raise?

Do you want your employer to express more appreciation?   If yes, how?

Do you want to find another job?

Ok...you're debating leaving.   Fair enough.  But what is your actual question?