my recipe calls for my roast weighing 2.61 pounds to cook at 500 degrees for 5 minutes per pound- how long do I cook it?  ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It looks like about 13 minutes.

• 4 weeks ago

13 minutes 3 seconds

• 12 minutes and 40 seconds.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

56 minutes total @ 500 degrees

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

13 minutes, but, at that temperature in the oven, there wouldn't be much left that's edible, unless it's covered with something like aluminium foil. 

Then it would be rather blue on the inside, even if you seared the outside before roasting.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't believe a recipe specifies “2.61 lbs” of anything. Sober up and check again.

• 4 weeks ago

A 2.61 pound roast is just an over sized steak. 

IF this is a rib roast I would cut it into 2 or 3 steaks and cook it like a steak not a roast. 

I gather from one of the other questions this is a pork tenderloin. 

(for any steak or roast) 500 is way higher than you need . 

Pork tenderloin takes very little time to cook. your time might be right but the temp is way off, 350 would be more like it

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Nope, nope. Nope. Generally you cook a rib roast at 500 degrees for a short period of time and then turn down the temperature. For a roast beef, Sear it in oil on all sides and Then cook it at 350 Degrees for about 15-18 minutes per pound. 

• A
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

13.05  minutes is the calculation, but this does not sound right,    it is going to be burned on the outside and raw on the inside.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Surely you own a calculator? 2.61 x 5 = 13 minutes. Of course this is seriously wrong. Put your reading glasses on.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.