Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 4 weeks ago

Why Are My Files Disappearing?

I'm confused and wanna fix this problem. I recently got a windows 10 computer, since my windows 7 computer isn't supported anymore and I could only recently afford a new computer. A few weeks after I got my PC however, files keep randomly disappearing. I thought it was the computer, but I checked the settings and it doesn't have that feature (I forgot what it's specifically called) activated. So I made my computer reveal hidden files, and the files never reappeared. I only use my computer to play a game every so often and listen to music I bought, so I don't exactly think its malware or a worm but I'm no expert obviously. My computer says everything is a-okay and from what I know, Microsoft is pretty good at making sure you don't have any malicious stuff on your computer. If anyone can help, that'd be great!

According to Windows Defender or whatever is the standard Anti-virus software, I haven’t had a virus yet. And since I live alone, I doubt anyone else is using it without breaking and entering (which there is no evidence of). The password is also memorized and only used on my computer. Odds are the anti-software is making my files disappear, but I’ll have to look into that as I’m not 100% sure.

• Lv 7

you either have a virus, or somebody is using your pc when you aren't around.

i recommend setting a password, and if you already have one, change it! and for goodness sake, if you write it down, don't leave it near the computer! that completely defeats the purpose of having a password.

Maybe your antivirus is deleting them.