Would a woman be allowed to play professional men's football if she was good enough?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

That's a mixed bag.  The "if she was good enough" becomes difficult when your average USA Football lineman weights upwards of 250 pounds.  That much weight on an otherwise normal sized woman is a health risk even if it is all muscle.

Some years ago, a trans person, Renee Richards, was the subject of a major tennis controversy because she competed in the women's brackets.  She had undergone the full conversion surgery but had been born male.  She was eventually disqualified from some (but not all) matches.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Not at present. 

In almost all countries, including England, mixed gender teams are allowed in children's and youth football up to 18 years old, but after that age the Football Association does not allow mixed gender teams at any level, amateur or professional.

• Yes.  No league has a formal policy of forbidding women.

• No because it’s not fair should men be allowed to play women’s football this question doesn’t make sense.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • jimmy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, because that would leave the door open for men to play on women's teams. I'm sure there are many men good enough to play on women's teams.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

yes I thinik that them will win the equal play

• no, because women have their own football, there's too many practical and logistical  complications, but it worked in Gregory's girl,this imho  is not a sexist stance, i have no problem with say a top  female racing driver.....You might think exceptions need to be made for exceptional talent's but that then would not be democratic, what would have to change is the presidence of what is the norm, and it would just not work....

FOOTBALL one game ONE name

LFCYNWA

• Adam
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No, but for me that rule should change. There's no reason why the games should be separate other than for current competition levels. I feel that if the 2 games were brought together, the standard of womens footballers would improve dramatically

• 4 weeks ago

Professional sports is all about winning so if she was good enough to help a team win then you can be sure she would be allowed to play. That is exactly how Jackie Robinson got to play in an all white baseball league. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't know BUT are there TWO locker rooms and Two showers even available ???

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.