Could YOU swear in court as to what shape the EARTH is?

IF YOU SAY YES... tell me how that is possible. And remember... in court you can NOT give 'hearsay' evidence and that includes what you heard someone else say and photos someone ELSE took. 

yes. And prove it the same way Pythagorias and Aristotle did. YOU look it up. Numpty.

• Clive

What does this have to do with law and ethics?

Yeah, I could. Photographs are not hearsay, no matter who took them.

Why would anybody ask me, in court, about the shape of the Earth?  And of course I can give hearsay evidence. If the other side doesn't object, then I can answer. It's up to the other side to object to the question. If they object and the judge says I can answer, then I can answer.

Besides, a competent attorney would never ask me what shape the Earth is. They would ask what shape I BELIEVE the Earth to be, or what shape I assume when I do navigation.

Yes, I could.  Photos are not hearsay evidence anyway, even if someone else took them.  

Actually, your last sentence is DEAD WRONG.

Your definition of hearsay is even less accurate then what you would learn from TV.

That sad, anyone that has flown internationally would be an eyewitness by the standard you used.

By the way, the actual circumference of the earth was calculated from measuring shadows in deep wells long before Christopher Columbus was born. Ferdinand Megellan is all the proof required. If his trip around the world is not acceptable evidence, fingerprints shouldn't be accepted unless the underlying science is resubmitted every time they are used.

I know that when I look at the horizon it's curved. I know that when I watch a ship depart land and sail away it disappears on that same horizon. This could only happen if the planet were spherical. 

I think the photos prove it, but let us say that you don't accept the photos, I could still do basic geometry and sun position measurements and prove it.

I get on here for the entertainment, thanks for helping.

• Orla

Could you swear in court as to if you have an appendix ?