Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

Liberals: do you admire any right wing person in history? Tories: do you admire any left wing person in history? ?

A BA is given for a balanced answer. 

I am a registered Democrat. I have never voted straight party line. I voted for more Republican president thanDemocrats. I voted for who i think is right i research everyone running before making a decision. I don't vote because my party tells me to I vote because Im an American and do have free choice! I don't listen to the right or left news, therefore i will not vote for Trump I watch his tweets and he lies out of both sides of his mouth. He has killed many american with his so called management of Covid-19 and his trying to divide America. 

Left wing - Michael Moore 

Right wing - winston Churchill 

Anyone who looks at my answers will be convinced IMMEDIATELY that I am what you call a "liberal." I voted for Obama twice.  I am a card carrying member of the Democratic party of the county where I reside. I will vote for Biden. I admire George H. W. Bush for how his leadership prevented the collapse of the soviet union from becoming a thermonuclear war. I admire Lincoln, and I own proudly a Lincoln Project coffee cup, I worked for George W. Bush as one of the first (charter) employees of the Department of Homeland Security. I have the actual charter which was signed by Director Ridge. I also admired the leadership ability of President Eisenhower both before and after he became President. So there. 

Only a complete moron would think a LIBERAL is left wing. Look at the history books you cretin. Oh wait, you are too stupid to read books aren't you?

I'm quite keen on Norman Tebbit.

Never agreed with much he said but his clarity of intention deserves recognition.

Esp. in these Obscured & Uninformed times

Joe Stalin, he really showed the royals how to suck eggs.By the way 12 of the Fabergé eggs are missing. There probably in a bank-vault somewhere on a British off-shore protectorate.

Aneurin Bevan, the greatest politician that Wales or the UK has ever fostered.

And now the Tories, will sell his great work: The NHS, to the Yanks and the Tories will pocket a fortune. All to the detriment of the nation's health and well-being. And the sheep will just, Baa Baa. 

Cloughie was a Labour supporter who took a side from Div 2 to back-to-back European Cup wins.  He worked well with a fresh bunch of kids he could mould but seasoned pros wouldn't obey him. That's why he would have failed in the England job. 

1/ So you ask centerists - Liberals, yet you do not ask any left wingers... why?

2/ Yes, I as a centerist, greatly admire Churchill, however, he was at one time a Liberal with that great PM, Lloyd-George.

3/ It was a very right winger who helped me into doing a degree.

Yes I admire Margaret Thatcher, for being elected the Leader of the Conservative party during the 1970's.  Then voted to be the Prime Minister for the UK!  It can't of been easy for her to gain votes from the male dominated, mainly sexist Ministers.

I would only vote Conservative, if the only other party was a far right group.  I do realise that not all Conservatives are thoughtless uncaring individuals that only think about how much money they can make for themselves and their families.

Ghengis Khan on the right.  Forged a vast empire in a generation from nothing and made wonderful use of the different skills and cultural advancements of his conquered foes.  The Mongol empire was also a meritocracy and multi cultural success story. 

On the left, Labour health secretary, Aneurin Bevan, who helped create our much vaunted and life saving NHS.  The recent pandemic has helped highlight our debt of gratitude to its creators.