Stuck in bootup loop after installing Windows 10 using Hirens Boot CD PE? I was trying to bypass BIOS supervisor password.?

I bought a fairly new laptop at a yard sale. However the owner did not recall the supervisor password on the unit. The model is an HP Probook 455 G4. I have tried numerous things to remove the password.

I have tore down the laptop to the motherboard, and reset the CMOS/Real-Time-Clock battery, and then I rebuilt it. I have tried numerous BIOS/CMOS cracking tools and blaster utilities on both Hirens Boot CD & Ultimate Boot CD. Nothing has worked so far and the supervisor password is still on the machine. 

I proceed to boot from the Hirens Boot CD Pre-installed Environment. Before making the USB drive bootable, I added a new directory containing the Windows 10 Pro disk image from Microsoft. With the live environment booted up, I formatted the hard disk using Disk Part. I mounted the disk image, and from there ran Windows 10 setup. The setup completed with no errors, and then the system rebooted. After installing the new operating system. The UEFI boot menu, sees the Windows Boot Manager on the hard disk. I attempt to boot into it, and it continues to reboot in an endless loop back to the splash screen. Could this be a result of the supervisor password still being present on the machine? If anybody has any knowledge of how to assist in fixing this issue, thanks in advance. I would greatly appreciate the help.

• Lv 7

resetting bios password ranges from tricky to impossible.

if it can be done, the "easiest" way is to disassemble the laptop and disconnect the CMOS battery. you need to disconnect the laptop battery as well, and hit the power button, then HOLD the power button for 10 seconds.

then connect the power cord and boot to BIOS. it may give an error, you can tell it to reset to factory defaults.

then power down and reconnect CMOS battery.

reassemble and it should be fine.

if not, then the likelyhood of resetting it is low, short of soldering a replacement BIOS chip in.

• Adrian

You may have to contact HP. Some BIOS passwords are stored in flash memory in the laptop (EEPROM), and cannot be cleared with any method that involves the CMOS battery (or all the steps you have tried). HP may have a tool to reset that password, or instructions on how to do it. As well, for HP to clear that password, you may have to provide proof of ownership.

Of course, if the laptop was reported stolen, you may get a visit from the police if the original owner filed that information (many do not).

I've gotten a laptop from a swap shop and checked with the vendor if it was reported missing, which it was not. I re-registered the laptop in my name with the vendor and was able to get some limited support (it was past warranty).

possibly, you were taken and the laptop is stolen.  you need to search the internet hard for some program which will permit this password mechanism to be erased and then installing an OS should work. Note that you'll likely need the drivers specific to this model, which come from HP

If you have entered the system why don't you change the pass word and enter the system normally......

My old desktop did something very similar. After getting the Blue Screen, it would NOT boot Win10 which was the operating system as long as I have had this machine..Working hours on end, no progress.

That continuous loop trying to boot to win 10. Would not boot from a bootable USB win 10 on the thumb drive either.

The problem ...... Faulty Hard Drive. That is why it could not boot, no repair or recovery discs would read. ALTHOUGH I could see there WAS files on the hard drive. But NOT A THING WAS "readable".

AMAZON Dude ...... I bought a 2 TB Hard Drive to replace the original 1TB. $49.00 and it is a Seagate Barracuda 2 TB. Then you can certainly re-install the operating system. (with a bit of a battle of course)