Shortness of Breath, Chest Pain, & Fatique that has lasted 4-5 months? ?

I’m very anxious and any advice would be greatly appreciated... 

Ever since I got sick in March I have never felt the same. I am always fatigued, short of breath & have body aches as a 21 year old female. 

I could have potentially gotten the coronavirus during this time period as I was living in NYC when it was the epi-center & was in contact with people who tested positive, but since tests were very limited during this time I was not tested.

At the end of June when the COVID-19 situation in NY improved, I decided to go to Urgent Care. I was worried to go during NY's peak as I was concerned that I would be exposed and get sicker. They just tested me for COVID-19 and wouldn't test me for the antibodies or anything else. They said that my symptoms were similar of those to the coronavirus even though I thought it was odd that they lasted for months when I heard that COVID-19 only lasts for a few weeks. I also do not have a fever, and can taste/smell. I ended up testing negative for the coronavirus, so I am unsure what this could potentially be. I am afraid that if I leave this untreated, it will keep getting worse, so I am going to try to go back to urgent care or find a new doctor, but I am just feeling discouraged as they dismissed me the first time. I understand that my symptoms are relatable to covid, but I feel as if they could have tested me for other things as well, but now I am back at square 1.

• It sounds as though you had covid-19 back in March and you are left with the damage it did.  Try brisk walking.  If you are chronically short of breath, start with just a few yards and build up slowly.  Make sure you get plenty of vitamin C.  You'll find you cough a lot - there's an awful lot of muck in your lungs you need to get rid of.

• Tavy

I am in the UK and it is well known here that the after effects of Covid can last many months. Give it a google.

May you made it.