Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My mother keeps threatening me?

Whenever my mother even gets slightly annoyed or angry, she will start making threats towards me (For example: ''If you don't shut up, I'll punch you'' or ''I'll smash your face in'') and once she grabbed a butcher knife out of the knife holder in the kitchen and said ''I swear to God, if you don't shut up.''. What can I do? I would like to move out but I do not have enough money to move out yet and I am not sure if I can go to the police because I don't have any proof of it. 

I'm 19, I'll talk to one of my relatives and thank you, Angela.

I can relate. I grew up in a abusive house too. I tolerated it untill I was old enough to work and move out. I don't know how old you are, but you should reach out to extend family like an aunt or grandparent if you can. If that is not possible then talk to a counselor at school. Your mom threatened you with a weapon your safety is at risk

tell CPS about how ur mother is treating u.