Jason asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 month ago

Have you ever been congratulated by a casino pitboss for a major big table win?

• Erik
    6 days ago

No, but once some woman told me I couldn't play in the casino anymore because she thought I was counting.  Which I WAS, at first, but I was so lucky that night that I didn't need to.

Whenever a pit boss comes to my table it was always to kick me out because he telling me and accusing me of counting cards

• kswck2

Yes. And then he watches me a Lot more carefully. 

Not by the pitboss, but by two men in black suits. I was given a bag over the head, followed by five congratulation punches. Four to the face, and a sucker punch to the stomach. Since I lost two teeth in the process, they allowed me to keep my money. They gently reminded me to keep my winnings more conservative next time, or I may have some broken ribs to contend with.

• Ludwig

Yes.   I was the dealer.

• Jay P

Usually no.  A pit boss may be called over to double check the high value chips going out to the player but it's usually just a quick glance.

Probably, but I am not sure. The pit boss usually does not get involved in a payout unless it is a progressive jackpot which requires tax documentation before it is paid out. 

I know I have been congratulated by dealers and floor men, but I am not sure about a pit boss. 

Yes, I have.  I wish you well on your survey.