If everyone is equal in the year 2020 then why do my female coworkers make about 3k less a year than me and do the same job? ?

The female coworkers in my office get sent on a business trip for a week while the male coworkers my self included get a week off with full pay. 

• RP

Everyone should be equal, but the absence of pay equity (for women) is well documented and well known.

First of all, I think you're all pretty foolish to be discussing your salaries with one another.

Second, if the women aren't upset, why are you? 

Third, the women are getting an opportunity for a 'working vacation' to enhance their skills, network with peers, and increase their value to your employer, and the men are sitting on their rumps? It cost more to pay those women their salaries and trip expenses. Maybe they're worth more?

As for further down the line, in my experience, the reason women make less money: children. Sorry, but it's women who have to take time off to bear children. It ends up being mothers who take time off to take the kids to the orthodontist, dressage lessons, ballet, little league, PeeWee football, drama club, Spanish club, and that cuts into work time. Women now have the option of marrying someone who will take on some or all of those tasks, and if she wants to concentrate on her career, maybe that's an option. I worked with a woman who did all the chauffeuring of her kids, and it made her less valuable - we simply couldn't rely on her for a certain number of hours a week. She wanted to be home when her kids weren't in school (Perfectly understandable). That meant she didn't work every other Friday (school was a half day) school vacations or teacher workshop days. Why should she get the same pay as someone who worked five days a week? She did have an ex-husband. he was a no-account numbskull.

So call the police. SMH

Are these supposed to be in the same paragraph?

They aren't connected.

If I was you, I'd be a bunch more concerned about why you were left out.   It's not a good thing for you.

women generally work less hours then men