Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 weeks ago

It's my friends birthday next week but my parents won't let me go?

I'm in a situation because I've turned cancelled many plans with my friends recently but this time it's someone's birthday and I don't wanna turn them down but my parents won't let me go because of the coronavirus. I don't want them to stop hanging out with me because I keep cancelling plans but this time I honestly can't go so what should I do?

• Alan H

Is your friend not worth protecting from Covid 19?

Be wise.    You can meet up again at a later date

You need to make the choice that feels right to you.  

There's nothing you can do. You can't sneak out because you'll get in trouble. Also you might get the virus. In my town there's 30+ cases now after the 4th of july. I know you wanna do whatever you want but you can't do that right now without it affecting you in a bad way. I would just stay home because a lot of people aren't making it from getting the virus.

You are the kid, they are the parents.  THEY WIN

Be creative.  You show you have access to a computer by posting your question on the Yahoo! Answers forum.  Most of the restaurants and some stores are doing home deliveries, so set up a birthday delivery for your friend of some sort---perhaps something funny.  My young adult granddaughter sent her former stepmom a joke present once after the stepmom had broken off with a boyfriend: a bag of penis-shaped candies.  You know your friend's personality---pick something suitable and have it delivered on the big day.  

• Kelly

We've all canceled a lot of plans through this.  A birthday party isn't worth covid-19.

Your Mom cares about you better than your friends and she knows what's best for you! if they are real friend of you they will Understand...

Your parents are right. Where do you live? If it’s in Melbourne - that’s a $1600+ fine for attending a party. If you’re in a country where lockdown is over, it’s still dangerous. Your parents are being cautious because they don’t want anything to happen to you, and if you were to contract the virus you would be putting them at risk too. 

Parties are not an ideal situation, ask your parents if you can see your friend who’s birthday it is on another day, just the two of you 

Perhaps if you didn't think "wanna" is a word your parents would think you are more mature, and they would allow you to make your own decisions.

Or you just say, "No thanks, I can't make the party."

just tell them the truth that your parents wont let you go cause of it