vic asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Is it possible my dogs are still alive?

Inmoved from home in 1980 and never saw them again my parents said they found a new home for them i had 3 mixed dogs and would like to get them back if there is even tge slightest chance they are alive, is it a good or bad chance?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Sorry to say, but your dogs are dead

• 4 weeks ago

Apart from the fact that they are unlikely to still be alive,  how do you think the dogs would feel after being in a different home for years. 

let's not be so selfish shall we !!!!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's rare for most dogs to live past the age of about 12 or 14. You're talking about something that happened over 30 years ago. So no, your dogs aren't alive anymore.

• 4 weeks ago

They're dead and long gone. Just be thankfull that they aren't here on planet of the apes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You are talking more then 30 yrs ago.  They are long gone to Rainbow Bridge.  Its zero change of them still being alive.

• 4 weeks ago

I’m sorry to tell you, but since 1980 forty years have passed, and even if they were all puppies then, no breed of dog lives forty years. I’m sorry. The only chance you have now is meeting them again in the afterlife.

• 4 weeks ago

• "Is it possible my dogs are still alive?"

We can't answer that until you tell us how old each one would be. But you didn't put ANY information about THAT in the first field.

• "Inmoved from home in 1980"

Depending on which month that was, it was - or was just a few months short of - FORTY YEARS AGO.

No dog has ever lived that long, let alone 40 years plus whatever age they were when you left home.

Even if one of them had produced a pup while with its new owner, that pup is VERY unlikely to still be alive. Most dogs are lucky to reach 12-to-15 years old.

Notice in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_livi... that MOST of the 20 longest-lived dogs have been actual BREEDS, not a cross-breed or a "mixed-breed".

Vegans should also notice that only ONE of that exceptional 20 was fed a vegan diet. The diet that canids evolved for was raw animal proteins - not processed plant proteins.

• "and never saw them again my parents said they found a new home for them i had 3 mixed dogs and would like to get them back if there is even tge slightest chance they are alive, is it a good or bad chance?"

Neither -it is an IMPOSSIBLE👻 "chance".

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

if you have their chip info you might be able to find them

• 4 weeks ago

That was 40 years ago.

Average life expectancy for a dog is 12 - 15 years.

If the dogs are still alive they are probably in the Guiness Book of Records and would have no idea who you are.

• 4 weeks ago

1980 was 40 years ago...  Those dogs are long gone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.