DMV registration extension ?

I’m a Nevada resident and I have temporarily tags on my car that expired today 7/11 but the dmv provided a paper stating that I have until September 13th to register my car. Will it affect me if I drive in another state? Currently I’m in Georgia and I want to know will this paper be valid to show proof that my tags been extended

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The paper stating you are "good" until a certain date is proof in every State.  When my tags expired last month I got stopped 3 times, but each time I showed the temporary paperwork and that was the end of that.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Other states should honor it, keep it in the car. You are more likely to get pulled over if they are looking. They should let you go assuming you have insurance and no wants or warrants.

• May
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

You should be ok.

Keep the paper from the DMV in your car in case you get stopped.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's far too late to worry about that now

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • bo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

almost all states are running into the same problem so you're chances on getting pulled over for that are probably nill. what you might get pulled over for is traveling between states that might have a restriction on high covid cases. but carry the letter in the car with the notice of extension

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

go to your state's DMV web site.

Print off the Notice for Covid-19 postponement.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just make sure you keep that letter IN THE CAR and a copy at home ..............

• 4 weeks ago

That paper IS your registration.

Note: Most officers in most states will run the plates and confirm the status of your registration before the pull you over for anything.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.