Query over "clear fluids" before liver scan?

So I have a liver scan coming up soon (I think it is just an ultrasound, not a ct or mri) and I've been told not to eat 6 hours before it but that I can have "clear fluids". Can this include anything other than water? I'm also having a private 4d ultrasound 4 hours before liver scan to get pictures of my baby (I'm 31 weeks pregnant). Been told for pregnancy scan I need to drink lots of fluid, preferably something sugary but of course I don't want to cause any issue for the liver scan 4 hours later. Is there anything sugary I can drink for the pregnancy scan that won't affect the later liver scan? Or does sugary stuff count as food as I'm not allowed to eat for 6 hours before liver scan? Help much appreciated. 

If you can see thru it,  it is clear.   Coffee,  Tea,  soda,  water,  gatoraide.   etc.   If you can not see thru it then it is not clear fluid and you can not have it. 

Clear fluids are things you can see through: water, broths, occasionally fruit juices I think. If you are unclear, then you need to call your doctor and ask questions. You don't need to flood yourself with sugary drinks before an ultrasound. 

Clear liquids are water, gelatin, plain broth, Gatorade, etc.