Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 4 weeks ago

Drink driving collision no injuries?

There was a drink driving collision but no injuries.. 2 weeks later she filed a claim to my insurance for soft tissue damage .. my question is would she have been notified I was drink driving and will she come to court to testify against me ?

i had a similar thing ..but i was not that stupid to drive drunk ..zero sympathy for you ...i was a witness ..and the guy pleaded not guilty ...at last minute he changed his plea to guilty ..i was not needed  in court ...if you plead guilty then she will not be called 

I'd suggest you read through the answers the last 10 times you asked this.

AGAIN - there WERE injuries.  Soft tissue "damages" are injuries.No one knows if she will come to Court.  No one knows if she needs to come to Court.  No one knows if she will be subpoenaed to come to Court.EVERYONE knows the charge is DRUNK driving, not DRINK driving.  It's driving while DRUNK, not driving while DRINKING.As I mentioned the last 10 times, a drunk driver killed my Dad.  The Court subpoenaed ALL of the witnesses to the trial. 

• May

You are asking us to forecast the future.   Sorry.  I used to be able to do that but my crystal ball is broken.

• Peter

You were over the limit. The police don't call witnesses in that situation, as they have the intoximeter recordings. Plead guilty and take your punishment. The problem you have with the injury claim is if your insurer refuses to pay out and her lawyers take it to court, your evidence is likely to be rejected as you were under the influence.

• car253

Everything depends what state you live in.   were you arrested at the time of the breath test? 

In California you go to court and they suspend your drivers license for one year.   You cannot drive for one year.    You might want to post your state for more help. 

• Robert

If you were issued a summons, she already knows because her insurance company would uncover that immediately during their investigation.  If you did not get a summons, you're very lucky.  Let your insurance pay her off and count your blessings.  But after the fact it would be near impossible to charge you with a DWI as without an officer writing a summons at the time, anything she says is speculation unless she has a breathalyzer result or some qualification that would make her an expert witness.